Radon is a cancer causing radioactive gas caused by the natural breakdown of uranium in soil. It can be found anywhere, in any time of home or facility. It is described as the second leading cause of lung cancer. For more information on Radon
The Village Hall now has short term radon test kits available for $6. The short term test remains in your home for no less than 48 hours and no more than 96 hours. Follow the instructions included in your kit. Long term tests remain in your home for more than 90 days and are more likely to provide your home's year-round average level. Long term kits are available at Central Racine County Health Department, Franksville. Some hardware stores and other retailers may also offer them.